LETTER FROM CAFU


Dear rossoneri fans,

Sunday's game will be the last one for me in a Milan shirt. Five years have passed since I became part of the great rossoneri family and eleven since I came to Italy.

They were unforgettable years, full of undescribable emotions for me and my family and great professional satisfactions which, as it happens in sports and life, sometimes alternate with less happy moments. I could make a list of a long series of moments which will always stay in my memory: from the first victories with San Paolo and Palmeiras, to the extraordinary Scudetto victory with Roma, to the moment when, as Captain of the Selecao, I lifted the World Cup in Japan in 2002, until the Scudetto victory in 2004 with Milan, and the Champions League last season.

I cannot however forget less fortunate experiences to which I am still connected like the inexplicable night in Istanbul. These are all targets you achieve by fighting until the end, with a smile on your face and a good dose of humility, hard work, and sacrifice. These are the characteristics which represent not only me, but the whole group I was privileged to work with these last five years. A team composed of great champions on and off the pitch, with whom I immediately established a wonderful understanding, so much so that I share wonderful memories with some of them.

On behalf of myself and my family, I wish to thank the President, the Coach, and my team mates, the managers and the entire club, to whom I wish all the best, all the friends I had the pleasure to meet during my 'Italian' years and especially the numerous Milan and Roma fans who always supported and encouraged me.

Marcos Cafu







No comments: