Words from players (Milan - Palermo = 2 - 1)

YOANN GOURCUFF (Nice pass for Inzaghi)

"It's never easy for Milan when we concede a goal at home, but fortunately tonight we won and we also managed to reach fourth place. The second half was more difficult because we were all attacking while Palermo often went on the counterattack and made themselves dangerous. I knew I was coming on the pitch at the start of the second half, when the medical staff decided that Kaká should come off. I was happy, I came in, I changed my position and I managed to give an important assist for Pippo's goal. I hope that from now on I will play more because there are more matches ahead, and gain more confidence in the way I play so I can try more shots from distance or give important assists. It's always nice to play."

FILIPPO INZAGHI (Inzaghi set a new record for MILAN)

"It was a difficult match and we knew it, fortunately Yoann did well to give the assist and then it went well. At Yokohama I had reached 89 goals with the Milan shirt, I needed just one to reach the 90th goal and make Milan the team I have scored the most goals with in my career. For the first time today we have reached the fourth place and we did it just at the end when everything seemed over, I'm very happy. Last year I scored most of my goals in Europe and I missed scoring in the league, I was stuck at 127 goals for a long while. This goal makes me very happy because when I had found my condition I had an injury to my finger which kept me out for 60 days. I am serene because I am running like I used to do, but my condition can still improve. I've played two matches for 90 minutes and tonight I'm happy to have come in and given my contribution to the team."

MASSIMO AMBROSINI (Another milan's hardworker player)

"This victory has to be a starting point because the road is long and there are important opponents. It was important to reach the fourth place, but it's just as important to keep this position. Today's football is very much decided by episodes, and it's too bad that not always the referee's assistants help him properly. When there is a lot of confusion in the area it's not easy for a referee to decide exactly what's going on and that's why I think he should be helped more.
Tonight I also managed to score, I have fun going forward and sometimes I also manage to get a goal. In this period we have a lot of matches close together and in the long run the tiredness will make itself felt, the coach is using a lot of different midfielders and we all try to be ready.
Now we have two more matches in the league which are not to be underestimated and then the match against Arsenal. I think it will be a nice game, with the crowd on our side, I think it will be one of those nights that Milan are used to."

ZELJKO KALAC (a consistent goalkeeping)

"The match went very well, we should have closed it earlier, but the victory is deserved and the three points we won are really important."

No comments: